ORANGE BEACH, Ala. (WKRG) – Orange Beach Police confirm a shark bit a 14-year-old in the Gulf of Mexico Friday afternoon.
It happened around 1 p.m. near the Phoenix 4 condominiums. Police say the 14-year-old was old near a sand bar when it happened.
Injuries appear to be minor and non life-threatening.
Note: A previous version of this story said the person bitten was 15 years old.
- NC Gov. Cooper to announce ‘changes to COVID-19 executive orders’ Friday
- House GOP elects Trump defender Elise Stefanik to No. 3 post
- Prince Harry says he contemplated quitting royal life several times in his 20s
- Newsfeed Now: CDC no longer recommends fully vaccinated wear masks; Woman wakes to blood dripping from apartment ceiling
- Highway 80 WB lanes blocked following crash in Greer