Rafferty’s fire started by discarded cigarette butt, says fire dept.


GREENVILLE, SC (WSPA) – Greenville Fire Department says the fire at Rafferty’s Restaurant & Bar on Congaree Rd. was started by an employee’s discarded cigarette butt.

The fire broke out at about 5:40 p.m. on September 23.

There was extensive damage to the back of the restaurant.

Greenville Police Department Public Affairs Manager Donnie Porter said there were active flames when they arrived on scene. He said the flames were primarily in the kitchen area of the restaurant. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Livin Upstate Deals
Engagement and Wedding Announcements
Remarkable Women
Things To Do
wspa news app free for download choose your store below
download the wspa news app from the apple app store
download the wspa news app from the google play store