SPARTANBURG, SC (WSPA) - Spartanburg City leaders are learning more about the business growth in the downtown area.
The statistics were shared through the Spartanburg Area Chamber of Commerce’s Downtown Development Partnership at Monday’s city council meeting.
The DDP is an organization launched to work with the city to advance economic development goals for downtown Spartanburg.
Pedestrian traffic counters 7News told you about last year along Main Street show an average 15,000 people per day downtown for Fridays and Saturdays.
Officials said a survey shows 75% of downtown businesses reported increased revenues over the past 3 years.
During that same time, they said the food and beverage spots nearly doubled.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Body of missing man found after search in Henderson Co.
- Easley teen found dead along Saluda Dam Rd. was shot, say investigators
- Sen. Lindsey Graham proposes new plan to reopen government
- Spartanburg Co. hotel catches fire after residents asked to leave