(WSPA) - A man was shot at an apartment complex in Anderson Thursday afternoon.
Police officers were called to the Anderson Village Apartments for a report of shots fired, according to Captain Mike Aikens with APD.
SWAT and Anderson Co. Sheriff's Office also assisted with the call.
SWAT was training nearby and the heard the shots, then responded and found a potential suspect they detained, according to Aikens.
The person who was detained was questioned and has been charged in this case.
According to the Anderson Police Department, Jerry Lee Spence, 19 is facing a count of attempted murder and a count of possession of a deadly weapon during the commission of a violent crime.
Witnesses said a man in his late teens or early twenties approached the victim outside the apartments.
The suspect reportedly shot the victim and ran from the scene.
The victim ran up the sidewalk towards the apartments and collapsed, according to witnesses.
The victim was taken to the hospital and his condition is unknown right now.
We will update this article when we get more information.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Man dies at hospital following shooting in Anderson Co.
- Coroner investigating death near Landrum in Spartanburg Co.
- No Mega Millions winner, jackpot climbs to $1.6 billion
- SCORES & HIGHLIGHTS: High School Red Zone - Week 9