GREENVILLE, S.C. (WSPA) — The Greenville Citizen Advisory Panel on Public Safety held its second meeting Thursday at noon.
During the panel’s virtual meeting, members were briefed by Police Chief J.H. Thompson on previously requested data from the past 10 years. Below are some of the topics discussed:
- Calls for service (42,997 from citizens in 2019, down from 45,144 in 2018)
- Complaints (53 in 2019, up from 34 in 2018)
- Uses of force (59 in 2019, down from 70 in 2018)
- Citations (15,708 in 2019, up from 12,774 in 2018)
- Traffic stops (14,672 in 2019, up from 12,735 in 2018)
Thompson also answered members’ questions regarding tactics, body cameras, officer accountability and more.
Three subcommittees from the panel also shared recent findings on the use of force/police dogs, body worn cameras, and the public safety citizens review board.