UPDATE: Startex, Jackson, Wellford, Duncan Water District officials said residents impacted by a broken water main on Hannon Road, Martha Court and Olin Drive are no longer under a boil water advisory.
Water district officials said a bacteriological analysis showed that water is safe to consume.
SPARTANBURG COUNTY, SC (WSPA) – Startex, Jackson, Wellford, Duncan Water District officials have issued a boil water advisory for some residents following a broken water main.
According to a news release, residents impacted by the broken main on Hannon Road, Martha Court, and Olin Drive should boil their water for one minute before consuming.
“We have no reason to believe the water has been compromised, this is simply a precaution,” according to the release.
The following streets were impacted:
- Hannon Road from Williams Bottom Road to New Cut Road
- Olin Drive and Martha Court
Here are some suggestions issued by the district during the boil water advisory:
- Ice made during the boil water advisory should be made from water that has been boiled
- Wash dishes with boiled water or use paper products until further notified by the District
- Brush your teeth with water that has been boiled as well