Smoke in Greenville QuikTrip caused by electrical surge, remains open for gas

News

(Source: 7NEWS)

GREENVILLE, S.C. (WSPA) – The Greenville City Fire Department responded to a call for visible smoke at a QuikTrip.

Greenville Fire crews arrived at the QT on Rutherford Street, they began to investigate the source of the smoke. They determined an AC unit had an electrical surge that caused the smoke.

Greenville Fire said the QT confirmed with Duke Energy the reason for the surge.

The QT plans to remain open to serve customers for gas.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

High School Red Zone video and scores
Mascot Challenge
High School Standouts
Ask the Expert
First Responder Friday
Find A Job
wspa news app free for download choose your store below
download the wspa news app from the apple app store
download the wspa news app from the google play store