COLUMBIA, S.C. (WBTW) – A South Carolina senator says beaches will be reopened next week as the country continues to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Senator Stephen Goldfinch (R – District 34) said beach access restrictions will ease some time next week.
He made the announcement Saturday afternoon on his Facebook page.
Governor McMaster issued an executive order March 30 that ordered the closure of public access points to the state’s beaches.
It also ordered the closure of all public boat ramps, landings and other access points on the state’s lakes, rivers and waterways.
Public boat landings were reopened Friday.
- Paycheck Fairness Act passes in House, faces uphill battle in Senate
- South Carolina man accused of assaulting police in Capitol Hill riot gets public defender, hearing date
- 2 passengers sue United Airlines over engine explosion
- SWAT called to serve warrant near Ashmore Bridge Rd. in Mauldin
- Raul Castro confirms he’s resigning, ending long era in Cuba