SPARTANBURG CO., SC (WSPA) - Residents in Spartanburg School District Three will vote Tuesday on a proposed tax increase to build a new middle school.
The $58 million school would combine the Middle School of Pacolet and Cowpens Middle School.
The proposed new school would be located off Lewis Chapel Road near Clifdale Road, according to the district.
The school would hold up to 900 students and would open by 2022.
The tax would increase by $8.22 for a $50,000 home.
The resolution to hold this referendum was approved in February.
For more information on the proposal, click here.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- The Latest: Indonesian president says he won re-election
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Barr to discuss redacted report before lawmakers get a copy
- Indonesian President Joko Widodo says he won election with 54% of votes, world leaders have called