FLORENCE, S.C. (WBTW) – A Florence priest denied former Vice President Joe Biden communion, saying he did so because Biden “advocates for abortion places.”
Rev. Robert E. Morey, a priest at St. Anthony Catholic Church in Florence, says he refused Holy Communion to the former vice president on Sunday.
“Sadly, this past Sunday, I had to refuse Holy Communion to former Vice President Joe Biden. Holy Communion signifies we are one with God, each other and the Church. Our actions should reflect that,” Rev. Morey said in a statement to News13. “Any public figure who advocates for abortion places himself or herself outside of Church teaching. As a priest, it is my responsibility to minister to those souls entrusted to my care, and I must do so even in the most difficult situations. I will keep Mr. Biden in my prayers.”
- Apex Development Meet Greet Win Event This Sunday
- Epstein jail guards charged with falsifying records
- ‘I had to act’: Navy sailor honored for tackling man during alleged altercation with police
- SLED closes Emanuel AME investigation after finding no evidence of wrongdoing
- SLED joins investigation into horse attacks, meeting planned tonight