GASTONIA, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE)- Medic confirmed that there were more than 50 heat-related calls at Wednesday’s Trump rally in Gastonia.
At least a few individuals were seen being wheeled away by Medics inside of the rally.
Officials say there were 54 calls, some of which were for people who had fallen and received some minor cuts.
Thousands were in attendance at the event at the Gaston Municipal Airport. The gates opened at 4 p.m. and supporters flooded in, packing the space.
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services has advised that people joining a mass gatheirng such as a Trump rally get tested for COVID-19.
Dozens of North Carolina physicians recently sent a letter to Trump’s campaign urging the president to cancel his rallies for health reasons.
No additional information has been provided concerning how many people reportedly passed out or what their current conditions are.
MORE FROM FOX 46 CHARLOTTE
- Americans turn up heat and Cholula sells for $800 million
- Greenville Co. Sheriff Lewis to announce new developments in 2015 cold case
- Nevada, Pennsylvania certify Biden as winner of presidential vote
- WATCH: Where did it come from? Mysterious monolith discovered in remote area of Utah
- DHEC announces 1,374 new coronavirus cases, 23 deaths in SC