LUMBERTON, N.C. (WBTW) – Police say “foul play is suspected” after a body was found inside a burned home in Robeson County.
Lumberton Fire Department crews and police were called to the 1200 block of Godwin Avenue around 9:44 p.m. Tuesday, according to the Lumberton Police Department. Upon arriving on scene, crews and an officer found a “small fire” and a person dead inside the home.
“Evidence at the scene leads investigators to believe that foul play is suspected,” Lumberton police said.
The NC State Bureau of Investigation has been called and is helping with an investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to call Lumberton police at 910-671-3845.
- Costco brings back wine advent calendars for $99.99
- NFL fines coaches $100,000 for failing to wear masks on the sidelines
- Newsfeed Now: Officer saves 2-year-old boy; WWII canteen returned to family
- CDC warns Americans to ‘avoid’ trick-or-treating for Halloween
- Caught on Camera: Arkansas officer saves two-year-old boy choking on piece of candy