MARION, NC (WSPA) – A Marion Elementary School teacher was charged after a staff member at the school allegedly saw her inhale fumes from an aerosol can last week.
Marion police said in a news release that the staff member reported seeing Leah Shoemaker inhale the fumes on Feb. 9.
Police said the aerosol can does contain ingredients that can “induce a condition of intoxication.”
The incident was reported to school administrators and the school resource officer.
Marion Police Department investigated and charged Shoemaker with inhaling toxic vapors, a Class 1 misdemeanor.
According to the release, Shoemaker was given a written promise to appear in McDowell County District Court on March 7.