13-year-old electrocuted by power line in Anderson Co.


ANDERSON, S.C. (WSPA) – A teenager has died after he was electrocuted by a power line at his friend’s home in Anderson County.

The coroner identified the victim as Brayden Williford, 13, of Anderson.

Williford and several others were playing Sunday evening outside a friend’s home on Samuel Camp Road when Williford apparently struck a power line with a metal pole, according to the Anderson County Coroner’s Office.

“Heard a boom and the next thing we know the power was out. Didn’t know what happened or what caused it,” said, Anthony Morris, neighbor.

Deputies and emergency responders performed CPR on the boy at the scene.

“We arrived on scene to find a unresponsive patient laying on the ground we immediately started CPR,” said, Flat Rock Bowen

Williford was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead later Sunday night.

Anderson county school district confirm that Williford was a seventh grader at Starr-Iva middle school. 

“Braden was an interesting young man he was smart he was into being outdoors he was into hunting and fishing,” said Leigh Burton, Assistant Superintendent, Anderson County District 3.

The coroner said Williford suffered cardiac arrest as a result of contact with the power line. His death has been ruled an accident due to electrocution.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

High School Standouts
Ask the Expert
Zip Trips
Find A Job
wspa news app free for download choose your store below
download the wspa news app from the apple app store
download the wspa news app from the google play store