GREENWOOD, S.C. (WSPA) - Deputies are investigating a shooting that killed a Greenwood teenager.
Greenwood County Sheriff Dennis Kelly said it happened on Wheatfield Drive in Greenwood around 9:40 p.m. Wednesday.
The victim has been identified as 18-year-old Tadarrius D. Robinson of Greenwood.
The coroner said Robinson died at the scene from his injuries.
His death has been ruled a homicide.
Coroner Sonny Cox said autopsy results revealed that Robinson died as a result of a gunshot wound to the upper torso.
The Greenwood County Sheriff's Office said in a news release issued Thursday that a motive for the shooting is unknown at this time and the investigation remains ongoing.
Deputies say Robinson was shot in the upper torso.
Someone called 911 around 9:40 p.m. Wednesday to report hearing gunshots on Wheatfield Drive off Highway 72/221 East.
A minute later, deputies said dispatchers received a second call that a male had been shot and was inside a home in the 100 block of Wheatfield Drive.
Greenwood police are investigating a separate shooting about seven miles away on Grier Street.
Police say a male victim was shot in the leg around midnight Wednesday. His injuries are not considered life threatening.
There are no suspects or arrests as of 6:30 a.m. Thursday.
Police don't think the shooting is connected to the deadly shooting.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 1 dies on roof of Mauldin M.S. after report of unconscious person
- Deputies conducting safety checkpoints today in Spartanburg Co.
- 2 hurt after crash on Hwy 123 in Pickens
- 'No Pets Left Behind' event held Friday, Sat. at WNC shelters