Sen. Thom Tillis will make campaign stops in Charlotte and Greensboro Saturday, as part of his final push for votes ahead of Election Day.
Tillis and his wife will join U.S. Ambassador Nikki Haley to greet supporters in Charlotte at 9 a.m. at Noble Smoke.
The senator will then travel to Greensboro for a Get Out the Vote rally with Congressman Ted Budd.
Tillis has made frequent appearances in the final days of his reelection bid, including attending several rallies with Vice President Mike Pence.
Democratic challenger Cal Cunningham has kept his campaign events more discreet since he acknowledged exchanging suggestive texts with a woman who’s not his wife earlier this month. The Associated Press reported Cunningham and the woman had an intimate encounter as recent as July.
Despite Cunningham’s controversial texts, he, former Vice President Joe Biden and Governor Roy Cooper are all in positions to win their races in North Carolina, according to a Meredith Poll.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX 46 CHARLOTTE
- Swamp Rabbits defeat Fuel 3-2 to clinch best of 5 series
- Justin Lower leads BMW Charity Pro-Am by 3 shots though 3 rounds
- Dawn Staley a candidate for Portland Trail Blazers head coaching vacancy
- CDC investigating heart inflammation following COVID-19 vaccine
- CDC announces new travel guidelines for international passengers