Cowpens Middle School dismissing early due to smoke

Top Stories

SPARTANBURG COUNTY, S.C. (WSPA) — Cowpens Middle School dismissed early on Friday after an overheated dryer caused a substantial amount of smoke at the school.

Students and staff were evacuated from the school due to the smoke, but no injuries were reported by the the school district.

The school began their emergency dismissal at 10:30 a.m.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Mascot Challenge
High School RedZone
Star of the Week
Black and Blue Kickoff Live
Pro Football Challenge
Carolina Eats Contest
Find A Job
Color your Weather
wspa news app free for download choose your store below
download the wspa news app from the apple app store
download the wspa news app from the google play store

Trending Stories