Universal Orlando cancels ‘Halloween Horror Nights’ amid coronavirus pandemic

Top Stories

(WFLA photo)

TAMPA (WFLA) — Universal Orlando Resort announced Friday it had canceled its annual “Halloween Horror Nights” events for 2020 as coronavirus cases continue to rise in Florida.

“Universal Orlando Resort will be focusing exclusively on operating its theme parks for daytime guests, using the enhanced health and safety procedures already in place,” the company said in a statement.

The official Twitter account for “Halloween Horror Nights” posted the statement Friday morning along with the message “this pain will be temporary. hhn is forever.”

“I know this news is disappointing, especially since this year we would be celebrating HHN’s 30th anniversary. I am disappointed too, but this is the right decision for our Guests and our Team Members,” Universal Orlando President and COO Bill Davis said in a letter to employees.

Universal Hollywood also canceled its annual Halloween event.

“We know this decision will disappoint our fans and guests. We are disappointed too. But we look forward to creating an amazing event in 2021,” the company said in a statement.

Walt Disney World announced last month it was canceling “Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party” due to coronavirus concerns.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Mascot Challenge
High School RedZone
Star of the Week
Black and Blue Kickoff Live
Pro Football Challenge
Carolina Eats Contest
Find A Job
Greenville Triumph Game
wspa news app free for download choose your store below
download the wspa news app from the apple app store
download the wspa news app from the google play store

Trending Stories