Transylvania Co. Schools say they are off of CODE YELLOW has been lifted as of 1:15 pm for all schools.
A CODE YELLOW was issued around 12:45 pm. due to a possible safety concern and law enforcement activity in the area.
They say all the students are safe and ask parents not to travel to the school.
The schools code of conduct describes CODE YELLOW as the following:
It is necessary from time to time to lock and secure the campus to ensure the security of all staff and students. Our school will follow
two procedures. In case of Code Yellow, students and staff should do the following:
· go into the classroom and lock the door,
· make sure that all exterior doors and windows are closed and locked, and
· remain in the secure location until the all-clear announcement is given.
Teachers and students are to continue with normal classroom activities and should not be alarmed during a Code Yellow. In case of a
more severe emergency, Code Red will be used to communicate the presence of an immediate threat to the school. In this procedure,
students should report immediately to the nearest secure room and follow the directions of the staff member in charge.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 1 dead, 1 injured in motorcycle crash on I-240E in Asheville
- Demorris Andrews found guilty of murder in Greenwood
- Victim's family reacts to guilty verdict in Greenwood
- Duke Energy reports more than 4,200 customers without electricity in Anderson Co.