HILTON HEAD ISLAND, SC (WBTW) – A two-headed sea turtle hatchling was found in Hilton Head Island.
The Sea Turtle Patrol Hilton Head Island said in a Facebook post the hatchling was found on Tuesday during a nest inventory.
“This mutation is more common in reptiles than in other animals but it is still very rare,” the post said. “As with other live hatchlings found during a nest inventory, this hatchling was released to the ocean.”
- With wins in 7 states and DC, Biden closes in on nomination
- BMW Charity Pro-Am holds online auction to support six benefitting charities this week
- Son of retired police captain killed by looters pleads: ‘Step back from what you’re doing’
- ‘If you can say you can’t breathe, you’re breathing:’ Mississippi mayor apologizes for tweets on George Floyd
- Trump says RNC ‘forced’ to find new host state with Gov. Cooper still in ‘shelter-in-place mode’