Update: Spartanburg Co. pallet business catches fire

News
Inman business fire cap from viewer video_1527818610960.jpg.jpg

Update: June 1, 2018, 10:51a.m.

Chief Scott Miller with the Boiling Springs Fire Department says that the fire was so intense, and there was so much debris, that investigators may not be able to tell what started the fire.

Chief Miller says it is not suspicious.

He said there was electrical equipment and also a storm with lightning, so the cause could’ve been a number of things.

Miller says they had to use a backhoe to help fight the fire.

No one was hurt.

Update: May 31, 2018, 10:30p.m.

A business in the Inman area reportedly caught fire Thursday evening, with multiple fire departments responding.

The fire was reported around 8:40 p.m. at a business named JC’s Pallets in the 200 block of Quail Creek Rd., according to Boiling Springs Fire Department.

Boiling Springs is being assisted by New Prospect, Mountain View, and Cooley Springs Fire Departments and are actively working the scene late into the night.

The Boiling Springs Fire Department reports that the building was burning from one end to the other when they arrived on scene.

The owner told Boiling Springs Fire Department that operations shut down around 4 p.m. Thursday and did not notice any issues with the building at that time.

The fire is completely contained, reports Boiling Springs Fire Department, though crews are still continuing to battle the blaze.

No injuries have been reported at the scene of the fire.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Win Clemson Tickets
Things to Do
Color Your Weather
Pro Football Challenge
wspa news app free for download choose your store below
download the wspa news app from the apple app store
download the wspa news app from the google play store