GREENVILLE, SC (WSPA) - Since January 2017, we have been following the story of Tyler Shelley, a 12-year-old boy battling a chronic illness with no known cure.
The Spartanburg native's health has been deteriorating for years after he was diagnosed with a mitochondrial disease that affects how his cells function.
Last week, he had abdominal surgery and, due to complications, he remains sedated on a ventilator in the ICU.
He is set to undergo several surgeries in the coming weeks but his family is not giving up hope.
You can help by sending Tyler a card vis the Greenville Children's Hospital website.
Click here to send a card.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 1 dead, 1 injured in motorcycle crash on I-240E in Asheville
- Demorris Andrews found guilty of murder in Greenwood
- 1 person shot outside of Gaffney nightclub
- Victim's family reacts to guilty verdict in Greenwood