WASHINGTON, DC (WSPA) – The principal of Tigerville Elementary School is set to be honored for outstanding school leadership during a ceremony in Washington, DC in November.
Diane Jackson is set to receive a Terrel H. Bell Award for Outstanding School Leadership during the National Blue Ribbon Schools awards on November 7.
Jackson is one of 10 people who will be honored with the award.
“We know strong school leadership is a driving force behind ensuring students and teachers succeed,” said Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos. “I’m pleased to recognize these talented Bell Award winners who are helping to lead needed transformations at the most local level. Through their leadership, vision and effort, countless students – regardless of their family income, race or language proficiency – are able to excel.”
Named for the second US Secretary of Education, the Bell Award honors school leaders who are committed to education and improving outcomes for all students.
Principals are nominated by their school communities during the final stages of the National Blue Ribbon Schools application process.
- CO – Fort Collins – Zach Elementary School, Aisha Thomas.
- FL – Jacksonville – Stanton College Preparatory School, Nongongoma Majova-Seane.
- FL – Miami – Archimedean, Upper Conservatory, Demetrios Demopoulos.
- MI – Spring Lake – Lake Hills Elementary School, Jason Lawson.
- NY – Fresh Meadows – MS 216 George J. Ryan School, Reginald Landeau Jr.
- OH – Cincinnati – John Foster Dulles Elementary School, Elizabeth Riesenberger.
- PA – West Chester – Saints Peter and Paul School, Margaret Egan.
- SC – Taylors – Tigerville Elementary School, Diane Jackson.
- TX – El Paso – Northwest Early College High School, Tracey Speaker-Gerstheimer.
- TX – Rosenberg – A.W. Jackson Elementary School, Deana Gonzalez.