PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — Video sent to WKRG News 5 appears to show protesters blocking 3 Mile Bridge in Pensacola. A vehicle can be seen driving through the protesters, and one of them riding on the hood of the vehicle, hanging on as it crosses the bridge.
The Pensacola Police Department says protestors from Graffiti Bridge entered the intersection of 17th Avenue and Bayfront Parkway this afternoon. The driver of the vehicle was headed southbound, attempting to cross the Pensacola Bay Bridge into Gulf Breeze.
As the protesters blocked the roadway, the driver inched forward at a slow rate of speed. Protesters approached the car and one jumped onto the hood of a vehicle, PPD said. The protester rode on the car all the way over the bridge into Gulf Breeze. The vehicle was stopped by the Gulf Breeze Police Department. It’s still an active investigation.
WKRG News 5 has a crew on the way and will keep you posted.
- High-risk teachers ask officials to consider their lives when deciding school year plans
- Ole Miss moves Confederate statue from prominent campus spot
- AP source: Free agent OF Yasiel Puig, Braves reach 1-yr deal
- Jimmy Fallon, ‘Tonight Show’ return to studio, sans audience
- Anderson Co. six-year-old cranks up for National Motocross Championship in Aug.