TAMPA (WFLA/CNN) – What could make a night at the theater more endearing? How about seats filled with dogs?
It happened in Canada for a performance of “Billy Elliot: The Musical.”
The pups were treated to the outing as part of their training to become service dogs.
Sitting calmly in a theater with human handlers helps prepare them for what their new owners might need them to do.
It takes two years for the dogs to complete their training — which also includes trips to the zoo, subways, and crowded fairs.
The dogs don’t have to actually pay attention to the stage to pass — but some of them did, anyway!
The theater says the dogs are welcome to come back any time.
- Seneca boys defeat Keenan, 82-75; Westside girls eliminate Travelers Rest, 57-42
- Wright lifts High Point past USC Upstate 65-60
- McMaster, U.S. governors release joint statement in opposition to stimulus package
- Deputies investigating shooting that left 1 injured in Greenville Co.
- Virginia lawmakers vote to legalize marijuana in 2024