(WSPA) – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention officials held a live webinar Wednesday afternoon, where they answered questions about COVID-19.
WATCH THE WEBINAR BELOW:
Dr. Jay Butler, CDC deputy director for infectious diseases, answered the following questions during Wednesday’s webinar:
- What is the current situation in the U.S. and internationally?
- How severe is COVID-19?
- How does COVID-19 spread?
- When will the outbreak end?
- Should Americans be concerned about traveling to some countries or about travelers from other countries?
- Should we be concerned about travel within the U.S.?
- What should people consider to avoid stigmatizing groups or products?
- What are quarantine, isolation, and social distancing — and who needs them?
- What are CDC, other federal agencies, and state and local health departments doing to prepare for and respond to this outbreak?
- How can communities prepare?
- What advice would you give for businesses that have close contact with customers?
- What advice would you give for K-12 schools?
- What advice would you give to administrators of colleges and universities?
- What can people do at the neighborhood level to help?
- What should people do if they use public transportation?
- Should people avoid mass gatherings?
- Is it safe to go to the hospital?
- What should people know about prevention supplies like gloves and masks?
- How can people stay informed about COVID-19 in their area?
- What should people tell their children?
For more information about COVID-19, visit the following links: