SPARTANBURG CO., SC (WSPA) – There will be mosquito spraying in several areas of Spartanburg County after birds tested positive for West Nile Virus in the county.
According to the Spartanburg County Office of Emergency Management, the spraying will take place on public roadways in the following areas:
- Parris Ridge Dr and Parris Bridge Rd (1 mile radius)
- Prison Camp Rd and Dorman Rd (1/2 mile radius)
- Peachtree Rd and Buck Seay Rd (1/2 mile radius)
- Crews Dr and Ransdell Rd (1/2 mile radius)
- 1st St and Maxine St ( City of Spartanburg…1/2 mile radius)
The virus was found in birds that were tested in labs. There have been no confirmed cases of West Nile Virus in humans.
Crews will spray Permethrin beginning Monday evening through Friday between 6:30pm and 11:00pm.
For more information, visit the DHEC’s website here or call the Spartanburg County Environmental Enforcement Office at 864-596-3582.