GREER, SC (WSPA) -- Police say a Greer woman admitted to setting a house on fire and was overheard telling the victim she wished he was inside the home at the time.
Annie Grayson Goldsmith, 62, with second-degree arson.
A warrant states Goldsmith used an accelerant to set a man's on fire.
No one was home at the time of the fire.
Police say Goldsmith admitted throwing gas on the victim's front door and setting it on fire on Monday afternoon.
Goldsmith was at the scene of the fire and drunkenly yelling at people, according to a police report.
A witness said she asked for what he thought was a lighter or a cigarette before walking away with a container inside a bag. Moments later, the witness saw flames and smoke coming from a nearby house.
Goldsmith reportedly told the victim whose home caught on fire that she wished he had been inside when the fire took place.
Goldsmith remains in the Spartanburg County Detention Center under a $15,000 bond, according to jail records.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 1 dead after crash on Geer Hwy in Greenville Co., coroner says
- Gaffney Police needs help locating a wanted man
- Man charged in deadly 2018 Taylors crash denied bond in Circuit Court
- County Council members drafting ordinance in response to security costs for Drag Queen Story Hour