Woman dies day after being pulled from burning house in Anderson Co.

News

ANDERSON, SC (WSPA) – A woman has died a day after being rescued from a house fire in Anderson County.

Firefighters responded to the scene on Rock Creek Road in Townville around 12:30 p.m. on Friday.

The coroner says 29-year-old Hannah Brewington was trapped in the house and rescued.

Brewington was then flown to the JMS Burn Center in Augusta, Georgia where the coroner says she died on Saturday of smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide toxicity.

No foul play has been suspected.

The fire is being investigated by the Anderson County Coroner’s Office and the Anderson County Fire Department Fire Investigation Unit.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

High School Standouts
Ask the Expert
Livin' Upstate
Find A Job
wspa news app free for download choose your store below
download the wspa news app from the apple app store
download the wspa news app from the google play store