Woman overdoses in Myrtle Beach Wal-Mart restroom, report says

News
overdose-mb_385859

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – Myrtle Beach police arrested a woman who overdosed inside a Wal-Mart restroom, according to a police report.

Officers say they were called to the Wal-Mart Supercenter on Seaboard Street Thursday around 4 p.m. for a reported drug overdose.

When officers arrived on scene, they found 22-year-old Alexa Rose Ashcraft who said she used heroin inside the restroom, the report said.

The officer reported Ashcraft had “slurred speech, trouble keeping her eyes open and wasn’t making sense.”

A syringe filled with an unknown substance was found inside the restroom, the report said.

Ashcraft was arrested and charged with public intoxication.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

High School Standouts
Ask the Expert
Shred-A-Thon
Find A Job
wspa news app free for download choose your store below
download the wspa news app from the apple app store
download the wspa news app from the google play store