French Broad Electric:
To check the affected areas, click here for the power outage map.
DUKE ENERGY SAFETY REMINDERS
Duke Energy encourages customers to prepare by checking their supply of:
- Duke Energy: 1-800-POWER-ON
- Greer CPW: 864-848-5500
- Laurens Electric: 1-866-9-RESTORE
- Blue Ridge Electric: 1-888-BLUE-RIDGE
- Broad River Electric: 864-489-5738
- Madison Co.: 828-649-2051
- Mitchell Co.: 828-688-4815
- Yancey Co.: 828-682-6121
- Bottled water
- Non-perishable foods
- Ensure a portable, battery operated radio, TV or NOAA radio is on hand.Families who have special medical needs or elderly members should closely monitor weather forecasts and make plans for potential alternate arrangements should an extended outage occur.Stay away from power lines that have fallen or are sagging. Consider all lines energized as well as trees or limbs in contact with lines. Please report downed power lines to Duke Energy and your local police department.If a power line falls across a car that you’re in, stay in the car.If you MUST get out of the car due to a fire or other immediate life-threatening situation, do your best to jump clear of the car and land on both feet.Be sure that no part of your body is touching the car when your feet touch the ground.