BOSTON (AP) – Derryck Thornton had 22 points, five rebounds and five assists, Jay Heath scored 16 points, and Boston College held off a second-half surge from North Carolina State in a 71-68 win.
Nik Popovic added 14 points and eight rebounds and Jairus Hamilton scored 11 for Boston College, which has won four of its last seven.
The Eagles have not won back-to-back games since a season-high four-game win streak Dec. 7 to 21.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bond denied for 3 men arrested in connection to double homicide
- Noah Gurley’s career high 30 points not enough as VMI comes back to stun Furman in SoCon Tournament quarterfinals, 91-90 in OT
- South Carolina defeats Tennessee, 67-52, to reach SEC Women’s Tournament title game for the 6th time in 7 years
- River Bluff tops Dorman, Cavs fall just shy of record 5th-straight title
- Mercer upsets Wofford in SoCon Men’s Tournament quarterfinal, 62-61