WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) — Wake Forest beat Boston College 80-62 to snap a three-game ACC losing streak. Brandon Childress scored 20 points including 5-for-7 shooting from 3-point range, for the host Deacons.
Derryck Thornton scored 15 to lead the Eagles. Wake Forest 7-footer Olivier Sarr, who finished with 14 points and 13 rebounds, became the first Deacon to record a double-double in the first half since 2013.
BC, which never led, made only 6 of 29 (20.7%) of its 3-point shots.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Trump took shelter in White House bunker as protests raged
- Protests reducing COVID-19 testing, could be ‘giving the virus another head start’
- Man shot, killed by police as protests went on in Louisville
- 2 Atlanta investigators fired in ‘excessive force’ arrests
- Local church members gather to protest with prayer