RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) – Reserve forward Jericole Hellems scored 16 points and sparked a second-half comeback to give N.C. State’s NCAA Tournament hopes a boost in a 77-73 win over Pittsburgh.
With N.C. State trailing 58-51, Hellems scored nine points in three minutes, including a 3-pointer from the baseline with 6:53 remaining that gave the Wolfpack its first lead of the game.
Pitt briefly regained the lead with two Eric Hamilton free throws, but the Wolfpack scored the next eight points to grab a seven-point lead and held on to win.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- Wendy’s has a new chicken sandwich, and you can get one free
- U.S. Marshals searching for ‘armed and dangerous’ man in N.C.
- Help deputies ID individuals after shooting incident on I-26 in Buncombe Co.
- Trump supporters stuck in the cold when buses can’t reach Nebraska rally
- Police: Person barricaded at Food Lion on Smokey Park Hwy in Asheville