CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) – Brandon Robinson scored a career-high 20 points and Roy Williams tied his mentor on the all-time wins list as North Carolina beat Yale 70-67.
Justin Pierce added 14 points for the Tar Heels in their final nonconference game of the regular season on Monday night.
Williams picked up his 879th career victory as a head coach, tying Dean Smith for the fourth-most in Division I men’s basketball history.
Williams worked as an assistant for Smith at North Carolina for 10 seasons from 1978-88.
Azar Swain’s 30-foot 3-point attempt misfired at the buzzer for Yale (10-4).
- Deputies search for rape suspect in Rutherford Co.
- DHEC announces 1,178 new COVID-19 cases, 67 deaths in SC
- Report: Panthers player considering retirement over COVID-19 concerns
- Yosemite officials urge hikers to stay hydrated in summer heat following wave of heat-related incidents
- 17 vehicles stolen from Michigan dealership 1 day before opening