CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) – Tomas Woldetensae scored 18 points and made the go-ahead 3-pointer with 0.8 seconds left to lift Virginia past North Carolina 64-62.
Mamadi Diakite added 15 points for the Cavaliers, who won for the fifth time in six games.
Woldetensae’s winning shot came after North Carolina’s Christian Keeling made three free throws to give the Tar Heels a 62-61 lead with 10.3 seconds left.
Keeling had been fouled by Woldetensae while attempting a 3-point shot.
Garrison Brooks scored 20 points to lead North Carolina, which lost its fifth consecutive game.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Trump meets with rap star Lil Wayne in Florida
- Harris target of more misinformation than Pence, data shows
- New Zealand votes to legalize euthanasia but not marijuana
- Man mauled after paying for ‘full-contact’ leopard experience in Florida
- 2 shot on Rocking M Lane in Oconee Co., sheriff’s office says