WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) — Olivier Sarr scored 30 points and grabbed 17 rebounds to lead Wake Forest to an 84-73 victory over visiting Notre Dame, which had won seven of its previous nine games.
The 7-foot Sarr outplayed Notre Dame star big man John Mooney, who scored 24 points with 17 rebounds but made only 10 of 22 shots from the field.
With the victory, the Demon Deacons remained one game ahead of last-place North Carolina in the ACC.
The loss put a crimp in Notre Dame hopes for an NCAA Tournament bid.
- Stimulus check update: Why we’re no closer to a second $1,200 payment
- Driver dies after crash on Neely Ferry Rd. in Laurens Co.
- Deputies search for rape suspect in Rutherford Co.
- DHEC announces 1,178 new COVID-19 cases, 67 deaths in SC
- Report: Panthers player considering retirement over COVID-19 concerns