INMAN, S.C. (WSPA) -- Vandals left behind a mess at a church in Spartanburg County.
Lake Bowen Baptist Church Senior Pastor Brad Atkins said he discovered the chaos early Thursday morning.
“Idle hands are the Devil’s workshop,” Atkins said.
Students are on spring break and he suspects the vandals may be students.
Surveillance video shows what appear to be two teen boys in the church - pushing and spinning on a buggy for children.
Atkins said knives were thrown into a wall, which were also marked with lewd messages. There was also a big mess in the cafeteria.
Sheriff’s deputies, he said, took a report.
Workers were still cleaning up the chaos later that morning.
Asked what he would tell the teens, Atkins shared the following message:
"The Word of God says in the Bible “…be sure your sins will find you out” but the good new is that it also says, “If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from all of our unrighteousness.” What these young men did was wrong, malicious, and destructive and they will have to give an account for their actions, but God’s grace and forgiveness is available."
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 2 wanted after razor attack at Haywood Mall
- Man stabs 4 family members in Union, police say
- Nurse accused of taking medication from Spartanburg Regional patients
- FREE milkshake at Wayback Burgers for first day of summer