(WSPA) – Winter Storm Warnings and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect for all counties in the 7NEWS viewing area ahead of a weekend winter storm.
Areas of western North Carolina could see up to a foot of snow while parts of the Upstate could see up to eight inches of snow.
The I-85 corridor and further south will also see freezing rain with significant ice accumulations possible.
Heaviest precipitation should arrive between 5:00am and 1:00pm on Sunday.
Possible snow accumulation:
- 9″ – 13″ of snow possible in the mountains of North Carolina
- 4″ – 8″ of snow possible in the extreme northern portions of South Carolina
- 3″ – 6″ of snow possible along the I-85 corridor
- 1″ – 2″ of snow possible further south in Abbeville, Laurens, Union, & Greenwood Co.
Possible ice accumulation:
- .25″+ of ice possible south of I-85 corridor in SC
- .10″ of ice possible along I-85 corridor in SC
- Light glaze of ice possible north of I-85 corridor to NC state line
Power outages are likely, especially south of Interstate 85.
7NEWS meteorologists said driving conditions will be hazardous.
Precipitation should come to an end by late Sunday.
Changes to the forecast are possible. Snow and ice accumulations could change with the exact track and timing of the storm. Stay with 7NEWS for updates.