Emmy nominated award-winning Chef and Author Richard Ingraham is in the house with grilling tips and tricks for tailgaters and bbqers celebrating the South and SEC college football. Richard Ingraham is the personal Chef to NBA legend Dwayne Wade and his famous wife Gabrielle Union. Richard Ingraham has worked with a-list celebrities and sports stars for years creating culinary dishes that stir up your soul and your senses. He also is going to tell us how you can enter the Johnsonville Tongsman contest for a chance to win free tickets to the SEC Championship Game in Atlanta on Dec. 4.
To Enter – Johnsonville.com/Tongsman
Chili Cheese Fries Grilled Smoked Sausage Sandwiches
• 6 brioche hotdog buns (toasted)
• 3 Johnsonville Rope Smoked Sausages (cut into 6in pieces using the straighter pieces)
• 1 recipe Johnsonville’s Sausage and Three Bean Chili
• 3 cups fresh hot and crispy French fries
• 1 recipe cheese sauce
• Toppings: chopped red onions, cilantro, sour cream, sliced jalapeno peppers, and mustard
- Heat your grill
- Add your sausages to the grill and cook turning often until brown and the internal temp is around 160 degrees.
- Remove your sausages from the grill and top generously with hot fries
- Next, top with cheese sauce, chili, and more cheese sauce
- Finish your sandwich off with your choice of chopped red onions, cilantro, sour cream, sliced jalapeno peppers, and mustard
• 2 Tablespoons butter
• 2 Tablespoons flour
• ½ Tablespoon Creole seasoning
• 1 cup milk (warm)
• 1 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese
• 1 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, add the butter and melt.
- Whisk in the flour, creole seasoning, and cook the butter until well incorporated
- Slowly whisk in the warm milk.
- Lower the heat and add in the cheese and mix until cheese is melted and serve.